Build Scripts Thanks to the script creator Benedikt Bayer who created it for smseagle, Carlo Kleinloog only changed it for MessageBird
This script is created to send and SMS to a device that should reboot when receiving the SMS. It can also be used for notifications.
- Place the files in the proper locations. See Script location in the script. Add to monitoring configuration... X Make this variable available in notifications (enabled)
2. Create 3 Custom User Attribute in Setup/Users/Custom user attributes.
access_key _ACCESS_KEY Simple Text
body _BODY Simple Text
originator _ORIGINATOR Simple Text
3. Create 1 Custom host attribute in Setup/Hosts/Custom host attributes and enable Show in host tables and Add to monitoring configuration. Show in host tables...X Show this attribute in host tables of the setup menu. Add to monitoring configuration...X Make this custom attribute available to check commands, notifications and the status GUI. NOTIFY_PHONE Notify through SMS Simple Text
4. Add phone number to host or person to send sms to.
5. Create Notification rule in Setup/Events/Notification configuration. In the notification method field select MessaeBird in Hostname/IP fill in rest.messagebird.com or personal URL. In the body field you can type the message. In my usecase Reboot. In the originator field you can type the sender of the message. In the access_key field you can type the API key, somthing like GVIaBS65l464SGSiGSuX Choose your conditions and save.
Now it should work!
|Packaged at: 29 Jun 2022|
|Created on Checkmk version: 2.0.0p24|
|Minimum Checkmk version required: 2.0.0p24|
|MKP MD5 hash: 0fcec75805f0e6da80dc1e4b465911a4|
|This version requires Checkmk version 2.0.0 or higher||